Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Done

So Glen goes to Mutual with the Young Men/Women every other Wednesday, and last night he took Caleb with him. On the way home he had to stop by a member's home to drop something off. This member lives at the Mortuary with his family. His job is to go and retrieve dead bodies and bring them back the to mortuary for "primping" (or whatever you call it...) When they arrived, this is how Glen's and Caleb's conversation went:

Caleb: Where are we, Daddy?
Glen: We're at the cemetery. This is where dead people go. Well, their bodies stay here and their spirits go to Heaven.
Caleb: Oh, I want to go!
Glen: You want your body to stay here and your spirit to go to Heaven?
Caleb: Yep, I'm done, Daddy. I'm done.

What, the...!? Where in the world did the child come up with that? While we're on the subject of death, here's another funny thing Caleb said. This was quite a few months ago, actually. I had just come home from the store with the kids. As soon as Caleb got out of the car he ran right down the driveway toward the street. We live on the pretty busy street, so this is a HUGE no, no. I ran after him and grabbed his arm and said very fiercely, "Caleb, you do NOT run into the street!! You could get hit by a car! Do you know what would happen if you got hit by a car?" To which Caleb responded, "Lights out!" Yes, Caleb, precisely. Lights out! I had to laugh at that.

5 comments:

  1. That's funny... and a little disturbing. I guess it's good that he doesn't have big fears about dying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Caleb. I really need to live closer to him. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know, it is tough being three. Can you blame him for being "done"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! Gotta love kids.

    ReplyDelete