He's had a thing lately with calling Glen and me by names other than "Daddy" and "Mommy." Here are just a few:
We had all just come home from someplace, and as I was getting Caleb out of his car seat, he randomly said, "I want Glen to get me out."
***************
Also Glen and I rarely call each other by our first names, and Caleb picks this up too. The other day after Glen left for work, Caleb looks around and asks, "Where's Honey? Where did Honey go?"
***************
This one is my favorite - We all have our usual seats at the table, but sometimes Glen and I will change seats so he can constantly put pieces of food on Grace's tray and pick them up when she throws them off. The other morning at breakfast, Caleb was having a hard time with the fact that we weren't in our usual seats. He said to Glen, "Hey that's Sister Thomas's chair, Daddy. You're in Sister Thomas's chair!"
****************
A few more Calebisms for your (but mostly my) enjoyment:
Me: "Caleb, are you my little cutey guy?"
Caleb: "No, I'm a penguin."
****************
Glen: "Caleb, tomorrow we're going to go swimming in the swimming pool!"
Caleb: "No, I don't get my hair wet. I need to keep it clean."
****************
Sometimes I sing wierd little songs to Caleb and Grace. Today, I was singing a little diddy that went like this, "I love Caleb, yes I do. He's my little coochy-coochy-coo."
Caleb: "No, I'm not a little coochy-coochy-coo."
Me: "Oh, you're not? Well what are you?"
Caleb: "I'm a big coochy-coochy-coo!"

P.S. I know you're all dying to know how weaning Grace is going. It's going...I'll post about it soon...
hahaha, i love that his problem with being a coochy coochy coo was that he was not small. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that sings made up songs and calls my kids by weird made up names.
ReplyDeleteHow cute! Madeline is really obsessed with names right now too, and she is constantly asking, "What's your name?" Sometimes she will accept Mommy or Daddy as the answer, and other times she says, "No. You're Roxanne (or Joe)." But I love how Caleb picks up on all the variants. So funny.
ReplyDelete"I'm a penguin" is my favorite. Benjamin picks up on our pet names for each other, too. Yesterday he called me sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteSister Thomas, you have one funny little boy.
ReplyDelete