Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Post

So I'm not sure what to say for a first post, so I guess I'll just start with what we've been up to. Oh, and the reason that I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog is because my sister pressured me into it :) We've been living in Washington state for the past 3 years (almost) and have been in our house for a year and a half. Let me just say, NEVER buy a fixer-upper. Especially if you have small children. Our main projects going on simultaneously are: 1) finishing our full basement 2) remodeling our kitchen 3) remodeling our upstairs bathroom, and 4) installing a new HVAC system (heat pump, which my amazing, incredibly mechanically inclined husband finished today with the help of a friend, yea!). So what am I doing to help with all these projects, you ask? I'm taking care of the children and giving Glen lots of encouragement. Oh, and sometimes searching for appliances and materials on Craigslist (best. website. ever.) So I'll be sure to document our (Glen's) progress, and hopefully some of you will care.

*Here's an aside. I will occasionally post funny things that Caleb says and does. Just now, for instance, he came running into the kitchen stark naked after his bath (to airdry, of course). I said, "Caleb, go with Daddy and get your jammies on." And Caleb says, "No, I want to run around naked." Spoken like a true man.

Okay, so enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, I am so going to enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...glad you've joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for starting a blog. Truthfully, having a blog has been a great thing for us and we look forward to keeping it as a source to not only keep in touch with friends and family, but also as a record of our family doings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I'm so glad your sister pressured you into starting a blog because I was about to call you and try to convince you to do it. I resisted for a long time too, but I actually really enjoy it now. It's a great way to feel connected to the world as a stay-at-home mom.

    ReplyDelete